Hello everyone, I trust we had a very good start this week (I didn’t :|, don’t ask why)
So while I was having my not-so-good Monday, my younger sister strolled into the room and starts talking about some Korean actor and how he looks gay but is not gay..bla bla bla.. I zoned out at some point until I noticed what was on her face. At first, it looked like a white leach (lol I’m serious) but I looked a little closer while she was talking about her Korean actor crush and then I saw what it really was: a slice of Garlic! That’s what was on her face and I burst out in laughter leaving her in confusion. It was when she realized what I was laughing at then she gave me the lecture of life as punishment for not listening to her while she talked as usual (simply put, I bought market).
Apparently Garlic is a magic worker when it comes to cleaning up acne! It was like magic! Here’s what my sister did (it’s a little unorthodox and I admit, a bit weird but It really works):
What you would need:
- A clove of garlic
- A sharp knife
- A face towel
- A bowl of warm water
- Peel a clove of garlic
- Slice it into thin flat bits
- Wipe the affected area with a warm towel
- Place a thin layer over the affected area
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Wash face with warm water.
Then you will see the magical results of this technique!
Although it might sting a bit, this little problem can be reduced by placing some ice on the affected area. This also prevents swelling and irritation.
Why is it that garlic cures acne/pimples? It’s because:
- Garlic has anti – bacterial, anti-fungal, anti – viral and anti – septic properties that help to prevent clogged pores and thus reduce the acne. But remember that not to use this garlic without diluting it to prevent the stinging or burning sensation on the applied skin.
- It has strongest anti – oxidant property which helps to fight against the free radicals which in turn cause damages to the body or skin cells that is not even easily repairable. Usage of garlic will avoid this damage and thus it prevents the formation of acne and other skin problems like aging, wrinkles, pimples, etc.
- Allicin is a compound in garlic which gives pungent taste and smell. It will decompose into ultimate antioxidant called sulfenic acid in which both radicals and sulfenic acid will react very quickly other than any other antioxidants as it get, limited only by the time in which the two molecules will take time to come into contact with each other. Also there is no person to see the compounds either natural or synthetic to react this much quickly as anti-oxidants.
- Regular intake of garlic will help to strengthen the immune system and thus improves the overall health other than treating acne.
- It has anti – inflammatory properties which help to reduce the pain, irritation and the discomfort caused by acne. It soothes the irritated skin but make sure that not to leave this garlic for a longer time on the skin why because it causes burning sensation on the skin.
- It acts as a drying agent and dries out the acne and also removes the acne scars on the skin.
- It helps to improve the blood circulation that allows the skin tissues to properly receive all the vitamins and minerals which are essential for healthy skin. So always use chopped or diced garlic cloves to activate the allicin in it to clear the acne and other skin problems.
- It has sulfur compounds called thiacremonon, in which the sulfur is generally used as skin drying agent for preventing excessive oiliness that causes acne.
- Using garlic regularly or eating raw garlic will not only clears the acne but also prevents the new acne formations on the skin. This also prevents the formations of pimples, spots, zits or anything which are enemies of beauty.
- It has an excellent source of various acne combating nutrients like vitamins (C and B6), minerals, selenium, copper, allicin, zinc (used to control sebum) and other phyto-nutrients which help to prevent the acne.
- It also helps to reduce the acne breakouts by fighting the insulin resistance which in turn linked to acne. Generally insulin resistant body’s cells has trouble in responding to actions of hormone insulin which further leads to diabetes but the usage of two garlic compounds like garlic oil and diallyl trisulfide helps to improve the insulin sensitivity which again refers to the body’s ability to respond properly to the actions of insulin. In this way, garlic is very effective in fighting against the acne.
I like my sister’s technique because it is cheap, easy to execute and works really fast. Go and get your garlic now and stop looking like a cactus! (In my sister’s words)
Have a lovely week ahead dearies. Don’t forget to check out our other posts, like, comment and share with your friends. Bye!