I finally did it! lol I made crochet braids and it looks really good. I’m not really into tutorials and all but i’ll try and show you how I did it.
What I used:
- Super star 100% kanekalon hair
- Crochet latch hook
- Weavon rollers
- A pair of scissors
- A bowl of hot water
I had been reluctant to make crochet braids earlier on because I thought it could only be done using marley hair. It was until I stumbled on a tutorial on Hadassah’s blog that I realised that Kanekalon hair could also be used to make crochet braids.
How I did it:
- I cut the kanekalon hair into four parts because I wanted a shoulder length then I picked the attachment to give it a feathery look 😉
- I then rolled the attachment around my weavon rollers and held them in place.
- After rolling the attachment on to the rollers, I dipped them in a bowl of hot water
- I then brought them out and placed them on a towel to cool
- Then, I removed the attachments from the rollers and they gave really beautiful curls. I did this for the whole packet.
- Then I braided my hair. (i’m sorry, there are no pictures of the braids because there was no light)
- Then I installed the kanekalon hair with my crochet latch hook.
- That’s it!
PS: It took me less than two hours to do the actual installation but it sure took me a while to prepare the kanekalon hair for installation. It looks good doesn’t it? Now let’s see how long it will last.
See you all next time 🙂 and please show your hair love.