Hello sweetie! You say you would like to know what my hair regimen is? I’ll tell you.
It’s a unique and comfortable regimen. It’s simple, economic, easy to understand and student friendly (low budget things 😉 )
Well I’ll start with my Wash Day
Wash Day for me is not actually stressful so to speak.
Maybe it’s because my hair is not so long It is longer now but it is still not stressful.
I wash my hair every week when I’m not on a protective style and every month when I’m on protective styles back to back (especially during exam periods).
Things I do:
- Finger detangle with olive oil and water.
- Prepoo with a regular mosturising conditioner like Vo5 OR Natur Vital for about thirty minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Pat my hair dry and then deep condition with a Diy Avocado deep conditioner. (Avocados are seasonal so sometimes I use the banana and honey condish instead). I do this for as long as an hour and a half. I usually get carried away with chores anyway.
- I then wash thoroughly with black soap (dudu osun) and then rinse
- OR If I am not using the Diy avocado deep conditioner and am using the ORS replenishing conditioner. I wash first and then use the conditioner after then rinse with cold water.
- I allow my hair to air dry till its still a little damp.
- then I apply Mega growth leave-in conditioner, olive oil and Shea butter. If I have to go out after that, I just carry my hair in a large fro but if I’m not, I flat twist, weave my hair or simply stretch it with african threading.
I go through this process on every wash day.
I will then share with you my Daily Regimen
This is how I manage my hair when it’s not in a PS:
- I loosen the twists or braids I made the night before with olive oil on my palms.
- I spray my hair with my water and oil spritz (not too much o)
- Then I rub olive oil.
- I comb out with my wide toothed comb
- Then I use aloe Vera gel and Shea Butter to do a quick updo or I just apply Shea butter and comb out again if I want it in an afro.
- Sometimes I have to Co wash about three to four days after wash day when my hair gets really thirsty.
One thing I never fail to do is feed my hair with water! I never style it when dry. In fact, it is hardly ever dry! That’s the trick. Just water and proper conditioning.
As the igbo woman that I am, I will now show you the cost of my regimen.
Dudu Osun soap N120 (I month and two weeks)
vo5 conditioner N800 (1 month) OR Natur Vital N950
Olive oil N250 (3 weeks – 1 month)
Shea Butter N100 (2 months and a few weeks)
Honey (mama dash me this one )
Avocado pear N50 -100 (100 day) OR ORS Replenishing conditioner N1700 (A month and a few weeks)
Banana N 150 (I use one finger and chop the remaining. It’s good for the body too 😉 )
Aloe Vera gel N1700 (two months and counting)
I think that’s it. I hope I didn’t miss anything.
so there you have it! All you need to know about my regimen! If you have questions, which I’m sure you probably do, just comment and I will answer them.
Lots of love! Byeee :*