Hello sweetie! You say you would like to know what my hair regimen is? I’ll tell you.
It’s a unique and comfortable regimen. It’s simple, economic, easy to understand and pocket friendly.
Well I’ll start with my Wash Day
Wash Day for me is not actually stressful so to speak.
I wash my hair every week when I’m not on a protective style and every month when I’m on protective styles back to back (especially when i’m very busy).
Things I do:
- Finger detangle with oil (either coconut oil or olive oil) and water.
- Prepoo with a regular mosturising conditioner like Vo5 OR Natur Vital for about thirty minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Pat my hair dry and then deep condition with a any moisturising deep conditioner. (you can make your own at home too. You mustn’t bleed your account dry for this). I do this for as long as an hour and a half. I usually get carried away with chores anyway.
- I then wash thoroughly with black soap (dudu osun or any good brand) and then rinse
- I allow my hair to air dry till its still a little damp.
- then I apply Mega growth leave-in conditioner, olive oil and Shea butter. If I have to go out after that, I just carry my hair in a large fro but if I’m not, I flat twist, weave my hair or simply stretch it with african threading.
I go through this process on every wash day.
I will then share with you my Daily Regimen
This is how I manage my hair when it’s not in a PS:
- I loosen the twists or braids I made the night before with oil on my palms.
- I spray my hair with my water
- Then I rub oil.
- I comb out with my wide toothed comb or simply separate with my fingers, depending on the style I want to do.
- Then I style
One thing I never fail to do is feed my hair with water! I never style it when dry. In fact, it is hardly ever dry! That’s the trick. Just water and proper conditioning and finally make sure you either have a satin material bonnet or scarf to cover your hair while you sleep. If you don’t want this, then get a satin or silk material pillow case. I recommend the bonnet or scarf though.
I think that’s it. I hope I didn’t miss anything.
So there you have it! All you need to know about my regimen! If you have questions, which I’m sure you probably do, just comment and I will answer them.
Lots of love! Byeee :*